Things to read to understand the paper
Questions to ask:
- What are the assumptions in the paper?
Key ideas to extract (Can be used when writing survey):
- Taxonomy: Where this paper should be placed in the Related Works?
- Pros: What are the advantages of the proposed solution?
- Assumptions: What are the assumptions (explicit and implicit) made in the paper? Or, in order to utilize the solution in the paper, what else should be prepared?
- Cons: What are the disadvantages of the proposed solution?
- Read abstract to understand the basic background, problem, solution of the paper.
- Read all the figures to further understand the motivation, design of the paper.