I am currently an Assistant Professor in Computer Science at The University of Texas at Dallas. Previously, I was a Postdoctoral Associate at MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS) and Media Lab from 2022 to 2023. I received my Ph.D. in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota in 2022. I have my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Zhejiang University in China.
My research interests lie at the intersection of cyber-physical systems (CPS), mobile computing, and spatiotemporal data mining. I am interested in studying human behavior through smartphone sensing and machine learning in CPS and cyber-human systems (CHS) like location-based services, urban delivery, and smart cities.
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students starting in Fall 24. Experience in mobile APP development, machine learning, and/or data mining is preferred. If you are interested, please send your CV and transcripts to yi.ding at utdallas dot edu
Please find my CV here.
- Nov. 2023: Presentation on NSF IoT/S&CC workshop at UW
- Sep. 2023: Paper accepted by VLDB 2024.
- Aug. 2023: Start Assistant Professor appointment at UT Dallas.
- Jul. 2023: Serve as program committee on the SIGCOMM’23 Posters and Demos.
- Apr. 2023: Co-authored paper accepted by ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN).
- Mar. 2023: Serve as a reviewer for ACM SIGKDD 2023.
- Oct. 2022: Start postdoctoral associate appointment at MIT.
- Aug. 2022: Co-authored paper accepted by ACM SIGSPATIAL 2022.
- Aug. 2022: Present Para-Pred at KDD. Glad to see some new friends and old friends.
- Jul. 2022: Gave a talk at Kargo.
- Jul. 2022: 1st-authored paper accepted by IEEE/ACM ToN.
- Jun. 2022: I gave a talk to the Location-based Service (LBS) team in ByteDance.
- May. 2022: Co-authored paper accepted by ACM SIGKDD’22.
- Apr. 2022: Selected to participate in the CPS Rising Stars Workshop 2022.
- Apr. 2022: Co-authored paper accepted by ACM IMWUT (UbiComp’22).
- Feb. 2022: 2nd-authored paper accepted by ACM MobiCom’22.
- Jan. 2022: 1st-authored paper P2-Loc accepted by ACM IMWUT (UbiComp’22).
- Nov. 2021: Co-authored paper won the outstanding paper award at IEEE RTSS’21.
- Oct. 2021: VALID mentioned in MIT Technology Review.
- Oct. 2021: 1st-author paper SmartLoc accepted by ACM IMWUT (UbiComp’22).
- Aug. 2021: Co-authored paper accepted by IEEE RTSS’21.
- Jul. 2021: 2nd-author paper ALWAES accepted by ACM IMWUT (UbiComp’21).
- Jul. 2021: 1st-author paper accepted by IEEE/ACM ToN.
- Jul. 2021: Data-set released of on-demand delivery order distribution in Shenzhen.
- Jul. 2021: 1st-author paper RL-Dispatch accepted by ACM IMWUT (UbiComp’21).
- Apr. 2021: 1st-author paper VALID accepted by SIGCOMM’ 21.
- Apr. 2021: aBeacon paper presented at NSDI’ 21.
- Sep. 2020: Data-set released of Bluetooth beacons, couriers’ reports, and trajectories.
- Aug. 2020: aBeacon system introduced in Alibaba Tech. officials accounts.
- Aug. 2020: 2nd-author paper Trans-Loc accepted by MobiCom’ 20.
- Jun. 2020: 1st-author paper aBeacon accepted by NSDI’ 21.